Library cardholders: 1,800
Hours open per week: 33
Staff, including volunteers: 8
Collection size (items): 24,000
Average Yearly Circulation: 16,600
Patron visits: 13,340
Computer use sessions: 1,800
eBook Loans: 604
Website/Facebook views: 8,274 / 44,833
◊ At year-end, 2013.
View Larger Map
The Wilton Free Public Library Association was incorporated in 1901; the Goodspeed Memorial Library building, named for the family who gave it to the town in 1915, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. The building was designed by the Lewiston architect Harry S. Coombs and was constructed by the B.F. Dunning Company of Massachusetts at a cost of $10,000. The Children’s Room was moved to the basement in the 1950s. In 2008, a handicapped access/revovation project was started which replaced the roof, added an elevator and handicapped-access bathroom, provided handicapped parking, added a mezzanine floor in the main reading room, and expanded the footprint of the building by 20%.